The color Hunter Green has a fairly interesting history. It is a color that was worn by hunters in the 19th century, until it was replaced by olive drab in the 20th century. While it is no longer the official color for hunters, it is still a popular fashion choice color for many people today. Since 1957, hunter green has been the official primary color of the Green Bay Packers and since 1998, it has been the official primary color of the New York Jets. So, what does it mean to decorate your home with this color?
“Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises."
— Pedro Calderon de la Barca
While the color green was Pantone's color of the year in 2017, it has still been predicted to be a top color trend throughout 2018.
"Green has been missing from the market lately. It’s a color that I love and will always use and I feel it’s making a comeback. What I’m hearing from some of the main fabric houses is that they are producing and incorporating more greens again. It’s such an important color because it brings nature indoors and into the home.”
Due to the color's constant connection to nature, it is safe to say that it might possibly be a color that survives typical trends (as mother nature is always trending). Often associated with feelings of calmness and relaxtion, when used in the home, the color green can give an area a cooling effect causing those in the room to become more relaxed. Time is also said to move faster in green rooms.
Dark Green colors such as Hunter Green are also very popular in today's fashion industry. Those looking to portray ambition and wealth often wear dark green colors.
“He had that curious love of green, which in individuals is always the sig of a subtle artistic temperament, and in nations is said to denote a laxity, if not a decadence of morals.”
As the color of our nation's dollar bill, the color green is often associated with wealth. However, it is also the color of nature, making it a color with very diverse meaning and significance. The color works fabulously with a variety of fashion trends and styles as well, making it one of the more diverse colors in fashion.
The following are some suggested color palettes for the shade Hunter Green. Darker green colors such as Hunter Green often work well with other earthy shades such as browns, dark yellows or rust colors, and grays.
“Absolute green is the most restful color, lacking any undertone of joy, grief, or passion. On exhausted men this restfulness has a beneficial effect."
Hunter Green + Bronze/Mustard Yellow + Taupe:
This color palette is perfect for anyone aiming to go with a more traditional and sophisticated feel in their home. Compliment your Hunter Green centerpiece with a stylistic bronze or deep mustard yellow accent.
Hunter Green + Pale Mustard Yellow + Rust
This color palette is perfect for those who love the bohemian style. Show that you have a bohemian paradise with this nature-inspired color palette. Combine this palette with various types of wood and metal to accent your home and give it more of that boho character and personality.
- green1- http://modeavenueparis.tumblr.com/post/16751390859/voguenippon1211
- green2- https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/elements-style-251525/fashion-friday-glam-in-green-3713899011
- green3- https://junebugweddings.com/wedding-blog/downtown-london-wedding-at-brixton-east-1871/
- green4- https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/a0/f2/6aa0f261a7b87de3cca7a02ac6667edf.jpg
- green5- http://www.designlovefest.com/2017/01/weekend-at-home-46/
- green6- https://estliving.com/balaclava-house-2/?utm_content=buffer250b0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer
- green7- http://www.letsfixthishousetogether.com/how-to-make-home-improvement-free-of-stress/
- green8- http://shinysquirrel.typepad.com/shiny_squirrel_/2013/07/a-8.html?epik=057BaE_IW3zdx
- green9- https://www.instagram.com/p/BM6yCoQhuHb/
- green10- http://restlessoasis.blogspot.com/
- green11- http://stylecaster.com/how-to-decorate-with-hunter-green/slide5
- dressgreen1- https://www.bitterrootvintage.com/products/myrtle-and-lace-a-line
- dressgreen2- https://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/vintage-style-inspired-clothing/retro-dresses/laura-byrnes-california-joanie-dress-in-hunter-green.html
- dressgreen3- https://www.fashionnova.com/products/love-sex-magic-velvet-dress-hunter